src="http://www.makepovertyhistory.org/whiteband_small_right.js">

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

A new look

Several years ago, my brother and I were ambitious. We cut nearly a dozen lawns around our neighborhood, and made decent money doing it. In the summers, we would sell lemonade on the street near the entrance of our neighborhood. Both of those activities seem very common for kids of that age. But, my brother and I took our entrepreneurship one tasty step further. We realized that we weren't making the money we had hoped by merely selling lemonade.
I'm not sure who had the idea first, but we decided to sell coffee to the businessmen during the weekdays as they drove to work. We made a sign which surprised my dad. The creation of the sign itself did not surprise him. We have done that before. What surprised him was what we wrote on it. I'm going to paraphrase it, because I can't remember what exactly it said, and I did not keep the sign. My brother may have though. I'll ask him.
"Same guys. New product. We sell coffee. $.50. Come back later for lemonade." We were young, and looking back, we had something better to do. We could have been selling engine parts to Boeing, or cardboard packages to McDonalds. But, we didn't.
I need suggestions on my newly remodeled blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home