src="http://www.makepovertyhistory.org/whiteband_small_right.js">

Saturday, December 25, 2004

UP UP and AWAY

It seems my brain has been running at idle for the past several days. Every time I sit down to contribute to this mess, I end up either staring out the window, or imagining myself as a member of a teen grunge band. I'm usually the drummer.

But, I have managed to pull together a few unconnected thoughts this time.

Imagine yourself sitting in the Space Station God knows how far up, with only a Russian to keep you company. Imagine that, and add the fact that you are quickly running out of food. Imagine that, and add the fact that the US has seemingly abandoned you, not planning on the next launch of an American shuttle until May. You quickly find yourself very friendly toward the Russians, who were nice enough to send up a little care package.

I think I've adequately collected enough household items to move out of the house.
Why haven't I moved back to Indianapolis yet?

If you had to leave the house today, and only bring what you could carry with you in your arms, what would it be? It's a very intriguing question for me, and I don't even know where I would start. I almost had that opportunity last year, but I was too late. I don't even know what I would have grabbed, even if I had an hour to think about it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home