src="http://www.makepovertyhistory.org/whiteband_small_right.js">

Monday, February 28, 2005

walking around work today

I began to pay attention to my surroundings. I quickly realized that my surroundings only consisted of what was in front of me, and what I could see in my periferal vision, the 180 degrees ahead. Concentrating on my vision behind me, I realized that there was nothing. Not even black darkness. I can imagine what should be behind me, but I can't be sure that it is actually there. If I turn around really quickly, then what is now behind me is new.
Then I got to thinking what I could remember from before I was born. Then I quickly realized, I couldn't remember anything. For good reason. Perhaps the same reason I can't be sure what exactly is behind me.
What am I getting at? Well, if we already can't comprehend what is behind us as "advanced" humans, it shouldn't take much imaginination to fill in the other 180 degrees in front of us.
Perhaps, when we die, our personal world simply fills in that remaining 180 degrees.
Perhaps, when we die, our personal world fills in the 180 degrees we can't currently account for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home