src="http://www.makepovertyhistory.org/whiteband_small_right.js">

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Didn't know there was so much to it

A buddy at work bought me a book titled "Kayaker's Little Book of Wisdom." Fortunately, and fittingly, it is a little book. I can't see much more the authors could have put in to it.
Here are a few of my favorite quotes.
"Never paddle on flooded rivers. All kinds of debris is coming down, and trees are a real concern."
"Paddling flooded rivers is the ultimate rush. Use extreme caution."
"The price you pay for your helmet is directly related to what you think your head is worth."
"It's better to be portaging a rapid and be wishing you had run it, than to be running it and wishing you had portaged."
"You know when you lean back in a chair too far and you suddenly catch yourself before you almost fall? That's how kayaking should feel."
"I don't understand why more women don't paddle. I love getting pounded in big holes." Brenda Ernst, U.S. freestyle paddler

3 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger Chishiki Lauren said...

So how much is your hemlet/head worth, Scott?

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Wander Lust said...

I decided not to pay full price for my helmet, only because I usually don't feel I'm getting my money's worth of my head.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Wander Lust said...

downsideup, i think i know who you are. thankfully it's been raining here. river is up

 

Post a Comment

<< Home