src="http://www.makepovertyhistory.org/whiteband_small_right.js">

Sunday, January 23, 2005

I met the President!

My brother and I were visiting Asheville, North Carolina. We just finished eating at a greasy spoon restaurant, when we hopped into our black SUV. We were both wearing suits, because we were at a friend's wedding earlier that day.
We pulled out of the parking lot, and noticed there were hundreds of people lining both sides of the street. My brother merged in behind a black Suburban with its warning lights flashing. There was a black limo behind us, also with its lights flashing, so my brother instinctively turned on his as well. We had inadvertantly slipped into a Presidential parade.
Looking foreward, I saw Secret Service men running along side the Suburban, and others directing the crowd to put down their umbrellas. It had been raining all day.
Not knowing what to do, my brother and I decided to stay with the parade, until we were told to leave. Feeling adventurous, I jumped out of our Explorer, and began running along side. I quickly ran out of breath, so I jumped back in.
The parade went on for about 7 miles, until it reached a tunnel running underneath a hotel. The crowd thinned out by then, and police barracaded off the last 100 yards before the parking garage. We followed the Suburban in, and parked beside it. The limo then pulled up next to us. We stayed in the car, until the President got out of his. Then, we got out and I approached him. I asked him how the parade went, and he said it went well. He then thanked me for my efforts all day. When everyone left, my brother and I started laughing frantically. I knew I had to post this experience in my blog.
You're probably wondering what the President was doing in Asheville, NC? I'm not sure. This was a dream I had last night. Because, in my dream, I wanted to post that experience, I decided this morning I would post my dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home