src="http://www.makepovertyhistory.org/whiteband_small_right.js">

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

"You would look good without hair"

I once attempted to compliment a girl's hair. She was complaining that the woman who cut it for her did an aweful job. Apperently it was aweful, almost enough to make her wish she lived in another time period.
This was years ago, when I was shy around girls, and often had difficulties forming complete, accurate sentences. If I managed to do that, my voice would no doubt decide to rapidly fluctuate between Superman and Mikey Mouse. Remember, years ago. Right.
In an attempt to make her feel better, I told her that she would look good without hair. I didn't suggest she shave it off, but I may well have. She didn't fully grasp my clever compliment, and perhaps thought it was an awkward insult. Or, maybe she just saw through my skiddishness, and wrote it off as another random kid learning how to flirt.
I never did learn.
What are some of your lesser known pick-up lines and/or embarrassing talking moments?

6 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Blogger akimbo7 said...

one of my exboyfriends and i still find great hilarity in the phrase i used to invite him to my house: "if you came over, i'd let you in." smooth...

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Wander Lust said...

"If you came over, I'd let you in" is a clever comment. I think it's also seductive, which is always sexy.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Chishiki Lauren said...

In my line of work, basically, an internet whore, I get a lot of lude pick up lines...which I won't post...or maybe I will.

"is there any kind of sex life for you there in Japan? or shoudl I plan to come sooner and rescue you ??"

I straight up copied that, so I realize there are typographical errors. Honeslty, who says that?
Moral of the story....NEVER USE YAHOO.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Wander Lust said...

For that reason, I never will use Yahoo.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Brian said...

The most offensive comment I've received on Yahoo still has to be the perennial "your cute". Nothing is less attractive than the wanton butchery of the language ...

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Wander Lust said...

your cute ________? Elbows, probably.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home